Search This Blog

Monday 26 October 2020

I know...!


Oh! You dreamer!
Comeback in this world
Do not aspire to fly high
Sky is for birds.

Sky is for birds??
Then why do I feel like
Floating high in the sky
About to reach the sun?

Oh! You nutcase!
You are a small girl
Do not talk as a monk
This world is a place to live.

This world??
Then what is that space above
I know I can touch it
I know where I belong.

Oh! You filthy girl
We are born of sin
Do not think of yourself as pure
Nothing is pure.

Really? Is nothing pure?
Then why do I feel pure
This body is not 'Me'
For that I am sure.

I am a dreamer
I know who am I 
I am a pure soul
I am everything.
~26/10/2020~
©deeप्ती
Participating in OctPoWriMo 2020

15 comments:

  1. Deepti, this is profoundly expressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This captured the essence of truth and struggle. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. To thine own self be true and it will follow as the night the day thou canst ne'er be false to any man...Shakespeare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful.. after such a long time read this Shakespearean quote again.. thanks for understanding..

      Delete
  4. I love the two voices; nice effect. Thank you. xoA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really loved the way you presented especially the inner voice...wonderfully done Deepti ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Roshni for your wonderful comments..

      Delete