Search This Blog

Wednesday 8 April 2020

Daily Diary 7 - Gallivant


On that warm springy evening, the birds were returning to their nest . I was watering my ever smiling greens and talking to my bright Red Amaryllis along with pink wonders which were smiling next to Tomatoes and Brinjals, sitting on my windowsill. Sweet baby sparrows and baby Purple sunbirds were waiting anxiously for their food, sitting warmly in their nests.

I wondered whether they are following social distancing too just as we do? After all, their nests were built far apart from one another. Already the bees, the birds and the dogs had conversed with me telling their sad tales during the times of Corona and social distancing.

I was engrossed and lost in their old conversations in my head when I heard someone called my name. I looked here and there and I found none. I had this unsettling feeling because that voice seemed so very real , Yet I could not see anyone. I switched off the tap and folded the pipe and then I started sweeping the floor. Once again I heard my name – this time it was LOUD and CLEAR. I looked here and there and realised that it was the ROAD speaking to me. (No wonder)

I asked her what has caused her to speak to me at this time. (The Storyteller in me quirked up now I must know what is her side of the story. I must record all to tell the tale to the future generation)

She replied “I hope the world is healing. I feel so light and free.  Suddenly I do not find the pressure of vehicles and people walking on me. Humans of all species which are considered as the brainiest are the worst of all living race. They spit and shit, tease and beat.  They constantly leave ugly bruises on me.  Sometimes they dig my heart and insert rods and leave me to bleed for ages. Authorities come and check, no action is taken and even they leave me with open wounds for a very long time. Hearing goes on and on for so long without any concrete results. I have to suck my pain and heal my wounds or let them ooze with pus for ever. I know this too will pass.

The red light on the road outside your society told me that even she is left alone as there are hardly any violators who disobey her commands. After all I am having deserted feel then who is there to violate her. She still keeps up her job efficiently and without fail she turns red green and yellow at regular intervals who knows maybe someday someone steps out. Sometimes she is bored working all alone with no one to look at. I told her this too shall pass.

The other day I met the wind; she looked so clean, fresh and pure. Her skin was radiantly glowing and she looked so young and vibrant. She whistled gaily and blew past me taking away the fine debris which had settled due to no daily hustle bustle. The wind felt cool and soothing on my skin. I am feeling so alive after a looooong time. She squealed merrily. She danced on her toes and the yellowed leaves danced along. What a beautiful sight it was.

I want to show you all this but then I know for you to be safe you must stay inside. Your home is the safest to stay alive and risk free.”

“Hmm! “ I sighed at her plight “ it is good to know that at least wind is Happy but know what ? This too will pass. Time is never constant it keeps changing. “

If only we humans had been more considerate.
If only we had compassion.
If only we had humanity.
If only we would have cared.
You would not have cried your despair.
Until then Take care. Stay Home. Stay Safe.

                                                                                …..to be continued……




©Copyright Deeप्ती

A to Z challenge 2020

2 comments:

  1. I do believe mother nature is enjoying her break from human activity although as you say "this too will pass". Weekends In Maine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed at least mother nature gets to heal from the attrocities we had commited ..

      Delete