Search This Blog

Thursday 12 September 2019

Short Story - Fearless

Image from Net


She approached the unfamiliar door and nervously took the key from her pocket. She took a deep breath, unlocked the door, paused, and then opened it. To her horror she saw a man lying in a pool of blood and a dog sitting along silently.

Suddenly on hearing her footsteps the man jumped in a sitting position. She was too shocked and numb to understand what her eyes were seeing. She felt dizzy and the whole world swirled and everything went black.

She opened her eyes to two pair of eyes right above her head – one of a worried dog and other nervously looking at her. And then his curved lips took the shape of the biggest grin.

“Why did you left this envelop on my doorstep with your house key and a note saying you are committing suicide?” She asked in anger “and what was that pool of blood on the floor, you were lying in?


“I am so sorry but the moment when I overheard you talking to your friend that there is nothing in this world that can frighten you, I thought let me check. Seriously, it is only red ink which I had bought for this trick. I saw you approaching my home and hence my play started. By the way, I am Josh and I am a storyteller and a theatre artist. And you are?”

~12/09/2019~

©Copyright Deeप्ती

No comments:

Post a Comment